When it comes to choosing or changing your career, knowing you’re responsible for enhancing the quality of someone’s life is incredibly rewarding.
If this is something you have been searching for, Orana may have the career for you.
Orana is a diverse organisation that employs over 240 staff in a wide variety of roles across South Australia.
A career for you could be waiting at Whyalla, Port Augusta, Port Pirie, Loxton, Berri, Meningie, Mount Gambier and all across Adelaide. Some of the typical roles include:
- Working in our Accommodation Service. Client Coaches provide a positive and supportive environment for people with disability that facilitates growth, development and independence. The role ranges from supporting clients with a range of household tasks to supporting clients with public transport training, cooking or shopping. You may wish to lead a team of client coaches and become a Service Coach, supporting Client Coaches and ensuring the principles of person-centeredness are applied at all times.
- Working in our Business Service you will have the opportunity to support our employees with disability to gain valuable work skills and work satisfaction in real world commercial activities.
- Administration Staff are rewarded knowing they are providing services to staff who support our employees and clients with disability in areas such as human resources, finance, IT and marketing.
Why work at Orana?
Some of the reasons why people work for Orana and why we have so many long serving staff, include:
- The reward of giving something back to people who may not have had the same opportunities in life;
- To see that their efforts are actually making a direct and meaningful difference in people’s lives;
- The relationships that are formed when working for a caring organisation where people are the focus;
- The training and development of staff. Only through providing staff with contemporary competency based training can we improve the level and quality of the services we provide.
- The ability to reduce taxable income (and add $1000’s to take home pay) due to the benefits of salary packaging as applied to a Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI);
- Visit www.cbb.com.au for more information
We encourage anyone wanting to work for Orana as a staff member to email a copy of their resume/CV to email@example.com
Ensuring we safeguard our clients and employees
Orana Australia Limited has legal and moral duty of care obligations to its clients with disability. As a result all new staff are required to have a current satisfactory police clearance before commencing their career at Orana. Staff who work in our accommodation services are required to have a Department of Human Services (DHS) Disability Services Employment Screening Clearance (DHS Screening Clearance). A DHS Screening Clearance refers to a screening assessment of information obtained about an individual to determine whether they may pose a risk to vulnerable people and is issued by the Department of Human Services.