External Services – Gardening and Grounds maintenance
A job with Orana’s Gardening and Grounds Maintenance Work crew will see you on your feet working outside in the fresh air each day. As part of our External Services Work crews you will be working on gardening and grounds maintenance projects for both local councils and private customers.
Work Crews are located across both metropolitan and regional South Australia: Netley, Para Hills West, Loxton, Murray Bridge, Mount Gambier, Port Augusta and Port Pirie.
Currently Orana is recruiting for our Para Hills West, Port Augusta and Port Pirie sites.
Your role may see you:
- Working in gardening, landscaping or grounds maintenance.
- Using mowers, whipper snippers and hand tools of different types
- Carrying out gardening duties inclusive of weed and debris cleaning
- Tree pruning
- Assisting with Gutter Cleaning
- General Cleaning
- Chemical spraying
On the job training will be provided in these areas to support employees to increase their knowledge and skill base.
The ideal candidate
- Hard workers – this job is just as challenging as it is rewarding
- Good physical fitness
- Someone with a passion for gardens
- Knowledge of gardening equipment is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to learn
- Previous gardening team experience is desirable but not essential
- Able to work in a small team environment
What can we do for you?
- Support- if there is additional training you need, we have you covered.
- Award wages and penalty rates
- Great work culture that will make you feel like one of the family
- Opportunities for career progression and continual development
To be considered for immediate start
Minimum 28 hours (4 days per week). Full 8-day hour day with breaks.
To be eligible to work at Orana, you will need to:
- Have an NDIS Plan with suitable funding
- Be receiving or qualify for a Disability Support Pension
- Be able to work safely in a commercial environment
- Be keen and motivated to work
- Want to work as part of a team
- Be over 18 years of age
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Customer Care Team Leader Merisa on 8375 2021 or email: [email protected].