To get a job at Orana, you have to be eligible. This means you have to:
- have a disability
- be eligible for supported employment through Centrelink, so eligible or already receiving the disability support pension
- have left school and are over school leaving age (if you are still at school click here)
- be keen and motivated to work
- want to work as part of a team
If you can say yes to the above, you’ve passed the first step in getting a job at Orana.
If yes, we can find a job that’s right for you! Contact our friendly Client Services team and we’ll organise a time to talk to you about your options. We’ll also ask you to come and visit our Employment Services so you can see for yourself the types of work we do. From there, our Client services team will:
- Organise a three month paid work trial in a safe and supportive environment so you can feel comfortable with your work. These trials can be part time to suit your needs, or full time if you’d prefer.
- Provide on-the-job training, so no prior experience is necessary.
- If your three month trial is successful, you’ll become a permanent employee of Orana – congratulations!
To find out what type of job is right for you, call our Client Services team on (08) 8375 2000 or fill out our online enquiry form and we will ring you!