Orana has played a vital role in supporting South Australians with disability for over 70 years. We deliver employment, housing, training, short term accommodation, skill development programs and life skills support to over 650 South Australians with disability. We are a values led organisation, and our commitment to improving the lives of the people we support is at the forefront of all our decisions.
About the role:
The Senior Service Manager will report to the Operations Manager ILS, and is accountable for the effective and efficient provision of the Independent Living Services programs and related behind the scenes operations. This is a dynamic and highly operational role that leads a team of Service Managers across South Australia to deliver high quality services which achieve organisational and client goals.
- Lead and manage the performance and development of the Service Managers team to meet the day-to-day service delivery requirements and Orana’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Support team members in all aspects of their work, ensuring the team performs in a cohesive and productive manner.
- Ensure systems are maintained and enhanced, and consistent practices are implemented across Independent Living Services.
- Improve services through Person-Centred Planning by using Active Support principles, to maximise client independence and encourage community participation.
- Set and work to budgets, interpret financial and performance data and provide regular operational reports.
- Monitor the quality of care delivered to clients to ensure the implementation of client plans and individual goals.
- Provide regular reports on the status of care quality, complaints, and client feedback to the Operations Manager.
- Work with the Quality and Compliance Coordinator and other staff to continuously improve the robustness of Quality Assurance systems across Independent Living Services to enable the achievement and maintenance of the NDIS Practice Standards.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated success at a senior level managing services for highly vulnerable customers within a human services/community services/disability services environment.
- Proven success in leading, managing and developing teams in a complex work environment.
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships to achieve set objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing plans and actions to achieve quality, client, people, operational, financial and risk targets.
- Understanding and practical application of issues relating to quality service, and a commitment to the continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Ability to successfully manage risks in Independent Living Services associated with client care and safety, and workplace health and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cert IV in Disability or higher