Stay in touch with Orana Spring 2017
Your First Plan
Your first plan is the start of a lifelong relationship with the NDIS which will continue to give you the support you need.
Your first plan will be in place for 12 months, giving you time to reflect on the support and services that are working well for you and a chance to consider your personal goals and what support you may wish to include in future plans.
Your plan may include the same supports and services you currently receive including supports provided by your family, friends, doctors, school and paid disability providers.
To create your first plan you will have a conversation with an NDIS representative about your current situation and supports. You will be asked how you do every day things like having a shower or cooking a meal. This information will form the basis of your first plan. You will keep receiving your current supports until you have an NDIS plan in place.
Your plan may include:
- Informal supports – the care and help you get from your family and friends.
- Community supports – the activities and services you can get from people or groups in your local community.
- Mainstream supports – the support and services you get from your doctor or school for example.
- Reasonable and necessary funded supports
– the supports and services the NDIS can fund. These are things related to your disability that you need to live your life and increase your options such as getting a job or participating in community activities.
Use the 12 months during your first NDIS plan to explore additional options to get involved in your local community through activities such as sports clubs and special interest / community groups. Orana will be sending updates and sharing information via this newsletter, social media and our website – please check
www.oranaonline.com.au for further details or contact Rowena or Amy on (08) 8375 2000 or email@example.com.
You can also visit the NDIS website at www.ndis.gov.au/sa. Let Orana help you navigate the NDIS process!