Stay in touch with Orana Autumn 2020
Serves: 4 people
100 grams Vermicelli rice noodles
3 tablespoons Laksa paste
650 grams chicken breast cooked and shredded
400 ml coconut milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the laksa paste and 1 tablespoon of water and stir over medium heat to release the flavour of the laksa.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and half a cup of water, gently bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty the vermicelli into a large bowl and cover with boiling water, leaving to sit for 5 minutes so the noodles soften. Use a fork to stir and separate.
- Strain the noodles and add the chicken laksa. Stir to combine.
Add whichever vegetables you like to this richly flavoured dish.
Garnish with finely sliced spring onions and fresh chilli and scatter with fresh coriander leaves