COVID-19 Update: 20 July 2021
Tuesday, July 20th, 2021
With the current concern of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the wellbeing of our clients, their families, our staff and volunteers remains Orana’s number one priority.
As a precautionary measure and to protect the safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff, Orana’s Senior Management Team has implemented their Department Covid-19 Response Plan, in line with advice from the Australian Government.
As of 6.00pm tonight (20th July), South Australia will go into a full seven-day lockdown, with state authorities seeking a “pause” on a sweeping range of activities to reduce Adelaide’s latest COVID-19 outbreak.
As a result of these restrictions, Orana’s response is as follows:
- Independent Living Services are an essential service. Therefore, all Client Coaches will maintain their rosters over this period and all clients will need to stay at home, remembering to maintain the ‘Stay at Home’ orders.
- Most staff that have an administrative function i.e. Corporate Services, will be unavailable during this time.
- All Business Services sites will close for the seven days.
- Port Augusta Newsagency will remain open.
- Port Augusta Pet Store will remain open.
- Orana Community Options, Respite services and Programs will pause for the seven days.
- Netley head office will be closed however all calls to reception will be redirected and responded to.
We understand that the daily routine of our clients and staff may be affected. These are challenging times but we need to ensure that the welfare of our clients and staff remain paramount as we work through this together.
For further information on COVID-19 virus:
- The Australian Government Department of Health website provides general information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) or https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/activities-and-gatherings/restriction-levels
- Phone the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 (runs for 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together. We will continue to monitor the situation involving the Coronavirus closely and as information is available, we will continue to communicate with you.
Chief Executive Officer
Orana Australia Limited