Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Friday, March 20th, 2020
The health and wellbeing of our clients, their families, our staff and volunteers remains Orana’s number one priority as we closely monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Phase One of Orana’s Pandemic Response Plan, has now been implemented, in line with advice from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO). Effective immediately, the following measures will be implemented as part of this plan:
- Orana is reviewing the range of social and recreational activities normally undertaken by our clients, such as bowling and swimming. Activities that pose a risk to a client’s health and wellbeing will not go ahead until further notice. Alternative meaningful activities will be sourced for clients to take part in.
- In the event that your family member who is supported by Orana in their own home, exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as a fever, cough or have difficulty breathing, we ask you to please seek medical advice immediately and to self-isolate.
- We ask all visitors to any Orana site or house to please stay at home if they are feeling unwell.
- If someone in your family member’s household is unwell, please advise us and support the client to remain at home.
- All large gatherings that include visitors from outside of Orana are suspended until further notice.
- Down Syndrome SA (DSSA) has suspended a number of activities including: The Early Intervention Program, Dance Down, Club Slick, Club Rock and Club Strike until further notice.
Orana will continue to support clients in the safest possible manner to ensure their health and wellbeing. We will continue to follow protocols as directed by The Department of Health and revisit these protocols as necessary.
For updates on the Coronavirus:
- The Australian Government Department of Health website provides general information on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Phone the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Whilst we have had to make some difficult decisions to minimise the risk of infection, we understand that the daily routine of our clients may be affected. Thank you again for your patience as we continue to monitor the situation closely.
Chief Executive Officer
Orana Australia Limited