Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
With the current concern of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the wellbeing of our clients, their families, our staff and volunteers remains Orana’s number one priority.
As a precautionary measure and to protect the safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff, Orana’s Senior Management Team have implemented their Department Covid-19 Response Plan, in line with advice from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
South Australia will go into a hard six-day lockdown from midnight tonight, with state authorities seeking a “pause” on a sweeping range of activities to reduce Adelaide’s COVID-19 outbreak.
As a result of these restrictions, Orana’s response is as follows:
- All staff that have an administrative function i.e. Head Office, Business Development Manager’s and Management i.e. Service Coaches and Senior Managers will work from home for the next 6 days. This will be reviewed and further advice will be issued early next week.
- Independent Living Services are an essential service. Therefore, all Client Coaches will maintain their rosters over this period. Staff working in Independent Living must use facemasks at work, gloves and any other relevant PPE.
- Orana Independent Living Services are to continue client services with reduced outings for clients to minimise risk of infection.
- Down Syndrome SA client services are to be cancelled or held via zoom as appropriate.
- Orana Community Options is closed.
- Life Education is closed.
- All Orana Business Service locations will be closed for the following 6 days.
We understand that the daily routine of our clients and staff may be affected. These are challenging times but we need to ensure that the welfare of our clients and staff remain paramount as we work through this together.
For further information on the Coronavirus:
- The Australian Government Department of Health website provides general information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Phone the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 (runs for 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together. We will continue to monitor the situation involving the Coronavirus closely and as information is available, we will continue to communicate with you. If you have any questions, please email Orana at email@example.com.
Chief Executive Officer
Orana Australia Limited