Stay in touch with Orana Winter 2018
Healthy lifestyles at Orana
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook, healthy choice recipe, a delicious ‘Pumpkin Soup’. This makes a great winter lunch or light dinner. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
- 1.2 kg pumpkin (any), unpeeled weight
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled whole
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cream or milk
- Cut the pumpkin into 3cm slices. Cut the skin off and scrape seeds out. Cut into chunks.
- Place the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water in a pot – liquid won’t cover all the pumpkin. Bring to the boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer rapidly until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender or blender to blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir through cream.
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle over a bit of cream, sprinkle with pepper and parsley if desired and enjoy!