Stay in touch with Orana Spring 2018
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook and delicious lamb, green bean and orange salad recipe. This makes a great spring lunch or dinner. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
Lamb, Green Bean and Orange Salad
- 300 g whole baby green beans
- 8 lamb loin fillets
- 3 large oranges
- ½ cup black olives
- 2-3 tablespoons ready-made French dressing
- Top and tail the beans, then steam, microwave or boil them for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain again. Cut the beans in half diagonally.
- Meanwhile, brush the lamb fillets lightly with olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove the rind and white pith from the oranges, and then cut the oranges into 1 cm thick slices.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, without turning, for 2-3 minutes or until small beads of moisture appear on top. Turn and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. (You may need to turn the meat three times so that all the sides are browned and the lamb is cooked through). Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 3 minutes.
- Place the orange slices in a serving bowl or arrange on serving plates. Slice the lamb diagonally and gently toss it in a bowl with the beans, olives and dressing. Pile the salad over the orange slices and serve.