Stay in touch with Orana Spring 2019
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook, healthy and delicious Parmesan Crusted Fish recipe.
This makes a great lunch or light dinner. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
Parmesan Crusted Fish
- 4 thin fish fillets such as bream, snapper, whiting, flathead, garfish (about 150g each)
- 1/3 cup (35g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 egg
- Tzatziki or tartare sauce to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour enough olive oil into the pan to coat the base, then heat for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile pat the fish dry with paper towels. Put the parmesan, flour and some salt and freshly ground black pepper in a clean plastic bag and shake to combine. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl. Dip the fish fillets in the egg, allowing the excess to drain off, then add them to the flour mixture, shaking gently to coat.
- Add the fish to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Serve immediately with the tzatziki or tartare sauce.
This parmesan crusted fish is extra nutritional with the addition of either a garden salad or steamed veggies.