Stay in touch with Orana Autumn 2021
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook, healthy and delicious sticky lamb chops recipe.
This makes for a tasty Easter Sunday dish. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
Sticky lamb chops
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 2
- 6 French trimmed lamb chops – close to 600g
- 200g mixed-colour baby heritage carrots
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 oranges
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme – 15g
- Prepare the lamb chops for cooking by scoring the fat (see tips on how), then season them with sea salt and black pepper.
- Next, line the chops up like a rack and sit them together fat edges down in a large shallow pan on a medium-high heat. Leave for 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Peel whole baby carrots and halve any larger ones and peel garlic cloves. Add the carrots and garlic to the pan, turning the carrots regularly.
- Gently turn the chops on to their sides, cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
Look for a pink colour in the middle.
- Meanwhile, peel strips of zest from 1 orange. Sprinkle them into the pan with the thyme and toss it all together for around 30 seconds to get the flavours going.
- Remove the chops to a plate to rest, then squeeze the juice from all 3 oranges into the pan.
- Let the juice bubble and reduce the heat until sticky, quickly toss the lamb back in with its resting juices.
- Time to plate up.
Here is a video on how to score meat: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQm2axaPFQ