Stay in touch with Orana Winter 2019
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook, healthy and delicious Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe.
This makes a great winter lunch or light dinner. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 1 cauliflower (about 1.5kg)
- 1 onion
- ½ cup (125ml) pouring (light) cream
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Pour the stock into a saucepan; cover and bring to the boil
- Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower and onion. Heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until soft but not coloured.
- Add the cauliflower and boiling stock. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat, then boil for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Using a hand-held stick blender, puree the soup until smooth. Stir in the cream and briefly heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
This soup is delicious with fresh, crusty bread or a rustic loaf.