Stay in touch with Orana Winter 2017
Oranability moving to digital
Our newsletter Oranability will transitioning from a printed to a digital version in June 2018.
NDIS lingo explained…With the NDIS set to rollout in South Australia for adults with disability from 1st July, Orana has been providing information to people we support, families and carers in the first transition areas to ensure everyone is NDIS ready.
Orana is looking for dedicated volunteers to join our very friendly Communications, Fundraising and Op Shop team.
email or 8375 2000
SAVE THE DATE
-ORANA EVENTS 2017-
Friday 13th October
Healthy lifestyles at Orana
As part of our aim to encourage healthy eating and lifestyle choices, we bring you this easy to cook, healthy choice recipe, a delicious ‘Cream of potato and leek soup’. This makes a great lunch or light dinner to keep you warm in this winter. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
Cream of potato and leek soup
Ingredients (8 cups)
– 2 rashers thick-cut, double smoked bacon chopped
– 300 gms chopped leek
– ½ kilo of potatoes, peeled and quartered
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ cup whole cream
– 4 cups of filtered water
1. Heat a medium sized heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and add the bacon. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the fat is rendered and bacon begins to crisp.
2. Add chopped leek and sauté until leek is wilted, about two minutes.
3. Add chopped potatoes and the filtered water.
4. Simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
5. In two batches, puree soup in a blender until velvety. Add salt and cream, blend again and taste for seasoning. Serve hot.